Friday, December 12, 2014

Me and my cigarettes

I still remember being with you in the ruthless nights of winter wrapped in a shawl. Together, the three of us: you, me and your packet of cigarettes used to have a great time. You won't ever know that how divine the feeling is unless you smoke, you said to me while smoking in one such night. All right, give me one, I replied and lit the nicotine-filled stick and inhaled it for the first time. Since then, I have inhaled it more than I have exhaled it.
After you left my life forever, I tried my best to quit smoking only because, smoking with you was what made it beautiful, but, I failed.
My lungs have grown a penchant for nicotine and the puffs of my cigarettes look beautiful to my eyes.
Whenever I smoke in the ruthless nights of winter, alone, wrapped in a shawl, I MISS YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment